- Studied at WEST AFRICA METHODIST COLLEGIATE SCHOOL FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE
- Lives in Freetown, Sierra Leone
FIVE MAJOR PROBLEM
1 JUSTICE AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT TO HOMELESS AND OTHER VULNERABLE GROUPS CONSTITUTING SOCIETY (POPULATION AT RISK)
REASON FOR THIS STEP…… Homeless and other vulnerable groups who are viewed as not worth in society face an everyday challenge in their daily lives. They aren’t only victims of discrimination and stigma, but also, at major risk to mental illness. However, the rate at which this spreads is becoming unbearable in Africa and Sierra Leone to be specific. Therefore, as passionate individuals, recognizing the inherent dignity and worth of all individuals, my team and I will be grateful to form and extend a Libertarian organization that will be geared towards enhancing human wellbeing.
2 PROMOTING THE IDEOLOGY OF LIBERTY THROUGH COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, HOSTING WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS, STAKEHOLDERS EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, ACTIVISM ETC
REASON FOR THIS STEP….. The ideology of liberty is central to the world, hence, needs to be taught and embraced. People need to know their rights and exercise their freedom in whatever thing they choose. If we are to succeed in ensuring liberty wins, then, we must strive to spread liberty in every corner of the world.
3 PROVIDING AID TO LESS PRIVILEGED: SOME SPECIFIC GROUPS IN GAINING SELF RELIANCE, ACHIEVING THEIR SET GOALS, AND REACHING AUTONOMY
REASON FOR THIS STEP…… The ideology of liberty is multidimensional which tells us that it embraces different facets of human life. In Africa, and Sierra Leone to be precise, illiteracy is leading to an increase in suffering and has resulted in so many negative consequences. Many couldn’t reach the demands of continuing school and had ended up being dropped out of school. Many are victims of teenage pregnancy which is limiting their ability towards nation-building. Therefore, because of this reason, as passionate individuals, we may be happy to serve humanity by empowering them with other skills besides education. Skills and training will enable them to gain self-reliance and autonomy.
4 MITIGATING ILLITERACY AND ALSO ADVOCATING FOR SCHOOL GOING CHILDREN AGAINST ALL OPPRESSIVE SITUATIONS WHICH HINDER THEIR RIGHT. (UPHOLDING ANTI OPPRESSIVE PRACTICES)
REASON FOR THIS STEP….. In Sierra Leone, poverty is the predominant factor towards the poor acquaintance of education. Many young girls are betrothed to wealthier families just in the name of wealth. Providing support and other materials to poorer families is vital in serving humanity and achieving this task.
CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT AMONG YOUTH THROUGH EQUIPPING THEM WITH NEEDED SKILLS AND EMPOWERMENT INITIATIVES
REASON FOR THIS STEP… Besides education, there are other means through which one can gain a livelihood and sustain oneself, thereby contributing to the furtherance of society. So as passionate individuals, there’s a need to bring about change through serving humanity
THINGS I WILL LIKE TO CHANGE:
1. Change from poor quality education to good quality education.
2. Citizens must exercise their franchise I.e. their rights
3. Invest in earlier childhood education for children to have a good foundation and a better tomorrow.
4. I will put a stop to political misrule and violence.
5. Put a stop to tribalism in Sierra Leone
6. Maintain religious tolerance
7. Put a stop to corruption and its practice(s)
8. Empower the youths I.e. focus on youth empowerment programs
9. Stop child and sexual abuses
10. Focus on educating girls as it has a multiplier effect.
11. Education shall be a human right.
12 Engage in community service
13. Fight for the disadvantaged
14. Be a passionate youth to change the world.
16. Give other young people are role.
17. Create online forums to reach other youths
18. Provide support to other youths.
19. Speak out for justice
20. I will host a youth summit for all youths.
I really like your agenda, Mansaray. You’ve got specific things you want to accomplish to help the people of Sierra Leone. Can you tell us more about a specific area, say, what kind of training helps young people get a good job? What projects are helping women and girls advance and become independent? Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with us!